This is a circuit breaker that mechanically seized up and then overheated. It was no longer protecting wires that were connected to this circuit. This problem was caught in time. The circuit was replaced for a minimal cost and no further damage occurred. A small problem like this left unchecked could cause you thousands of costly repairs or worse.
- Check to make sure breakers are operating correctly.
- Tighten connections that loosen over time.
- Add conductive jelly that drys out over time.
- Improved connections lowers electrical noise that affects electronics.
- Notification of current code safety up dated.
- Check for and stop corrosion or water damage before it becomes a costly expense.