No one wants to spend their holidays in the kitchen, but with a little planning, you can avoid most of the stress. Here are 10 tips from an electrician to help make your holiday cooking a little easier.
- Check your electrical outlets to make sure they can handle the holiday cooking
- Inspect your cords and make sure they're not frayed or damaged in any way
- Update your light fixtures with LED bulbs for a more energy-efficient kitchen
- Hang up some festive holiday decorations to get into the spirit
- Make sure all outlets are working properly and have proper covers
- Make sure all outlets are GFCI protected by pressing the test button
- Keep an eye on your circuit breaker - if it trips, you may need to upgrade your electrical system.
- Have a plan for what to do if there's a power outage during the holidays
- Use task lighting to lessen potential hazards in the kitchen, such as sharp knives and hot surfaces
- Relax and enjoy the holidays with your friends and family!
The kitchen is the heart of the home during the holidays. With all of the cooking and baking that goes on, it's important to make sure your electrical system can handle the increased demand. Follow our tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable holiday season for you and your family. If you have any questions or need assistance with your electrical system, call GEN 3 Electric & HVAC. We're here to help! Happy holidays from our family to yours!