No one wants to spend their holidays in the kitchen, but with a little planning, you can avoid most of the stress. Here are 10 tips from an electrician to help make your holiday cooking a little easier.
- Check your electrical outlets to make sure they can handle the holiday cooking
- Inspect your cords and make sure they’re not frayed or damaged in any way
- Update your light fixtures with LED bulbs for a more energy-efficient kitchen
- Hang up some festive holiday decorations to get into the spirit
- Make sure all outlets are working properly and have proper covers
- Press the test button to ensure that all outlets have GFCI protection.
- Keep an eye on your circuit breaker – if it trips, you may need to upgrade your electrical system.
- Have a plan for what to do if there’s a power outage during the holidays
- Use task lighting to lessen potential hazards in the kitchen, such as sharp knives and hot surfaces
- Relax and enjoy the holidays with your friends and family!
The kitchen truly becomes the heart of the home during the holiday season, especially with all the delightful holiday cooking and baking happening. Ensuring that your electrical system can handle the increased demand becomes all the more important. Follow our expert tips and recommendations to guarantee a safe and enjoyable holiday season for you and your cherished family. If you find yourself with any questions or in need of any assistance related to your electrical system, don’t hesitate to give GEN 3 Electric & HVAC a call. Our dedicated team is here to extend a helping hand and ensure your holidays are filled with joy and warmth. From our close-knit family to yours, we wish you a happy and memorable holiday season!